Police in Mombasa have arrested 17 youths linked to be members of the dreaded criminal gangs, Wakali Kwanza and Wakali Wao operating within Majengo and Bakistan areas.
During the police raid, the assailants were in possession of crude weapons including machetes and hard drugs.
According to Mombasa county deputy commissioner Salim Mahmud, the arrested youths are between the age of 12 and 26.
Mahmuud noted that they will be arraigned in court where they will be charged with possession of drugs and believed be attempting to commit felony.
Residents in Kisauni have been complaining of mugging and increased violent robberies orchestrated by the criminal gangs.
In 2015 December, over 50 youth belonging to these criminal gangs were arrested in major crackdown ordered by Mombasa county commissioner Nelson Marwa.
- Police Launch Crackdown on Most Wanted Old Town Youth Gang Police in Mombasa are in pursue of a youth gang terrorist public in old town […]
- Special Police Unit Formed to Combat M-pesa Robbers in Likoni, Mombasa MOMBASA, July 5, 2016 A special police unit has been formed to deal with […]
- Police Conduct Operation against Criminal Gangs, Women among those Arrested in Mombasa Crackdown Mombasa police over the weekend conducted a major operation targeting criminal gang […]
- Police Gun Down Three Criminal Thugs, Recover Berreta &Ceska Pistols in Separate Nairobi Robberies Police on Tuesday night gunned down three criminal thugs in two separate robbery […]
- 3 Robbers Shot Dead By Police Officers in Nyali, Mombasa County CRIME BRIEF, March 22, 2016 Three armed gangsters were shot dead by police […]
- One Member of Wakali Kwanza Gang Shot Dead, Seven Arrested in Kisauni Mombasa KISAUNI Mombasa, March 17, 2016 One member of Wakali Kwanza criminal gang has […]
- Crackdown on Criminal Gangs in Mombasa, Over 30 Arrested Police have arrested 30 suspected gang members in an operation aimed at stemming down […]
- Wakali Kwanza Gang Member Killed by Irate Mob in Likoni A man believed to be a member of the dreaded Wakali Kwanza criminal gang terrorizing […]