Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) made the maiden flight of its indigenous T625 multirole helicopter, the company’s most ambitious project to date.
The T625 carried out its first flight on September 6 at its facility in Ankara. It is the first prototype of new generation, 6 tone, light intermediate, T625 Helicopter which is fully designed and produced by Turkish Aerospace. It made its maiden flight after undergoing several successful ground tests.
During its 20 minutes flight, the T625 aircraft performed as expected with an assessment of the helicopter’s general handling, transmission and rotor systems.
- It is a new generation, twin engine.
- Has 12 seat + 2 crew helicopter specifically designed for military, paramilitary and civilian purposes and geared for hot and high performance.
- T625 has a glass cockpit with two wide touchscreen (8×20 inches) Integrated Mission Displays and two touch screen (8×10 inches) data entry Touch Command Control Units.
- Powered by two LHTEC (a Rolls Royce & Honeywell Partnership) CTS800 turboshaft engines.
- Designed for IFR and VFR single pilot operations, night operations and flight in known icing conditions.
T625 Multirole Helicopter is planning to meet a range of new export opportunities and requirements in the worldwide market in the near future, TAI added.