A ministerial meeting of a U.S.-led coalition against the ISIL terrorist group kicked off Tuesday in Kuwait aimed at reevaluating gains made by the coalition as well as the strategies for a way forward.
The host, Kuwaiti Foreign Minister Sabah al-Khalid al-Hamad al-Sabah said that “The international community still faces a direct threat by armed groups, which requires opening up new prospects in the international coalition.”
The U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said that the coalition efforts had dismantled ISIL from nearly 98% of Syrian and Iraqi territories previously seized. Tillerson also vowed to allocate $200 million to support coalition’s efforts against ISIL in Syria.
The anti-ISIL coalition was formed on Sep. 11, 2014 by 74 countries with a view to fighting against the terrorist organization.