- ANTI-Terrorism Police Unit (ATPU) arrests Mohamed Ibrahim alias Tall at his home in Mwembe Tayari
- Residents tip-off the Police who raided his home and made the arrests
- Mohamed Ibrahim alias Tall is booked at Mombasa Central Police Station
- Tuesday 9, June 2015 ANTI-Terrorism Police Unit (ATPU) question Mohamed Ibrahim over last week shooting of a Police Reservist in Old Town, Mombasa County
- Preliminary Intelligence reports indicate Mohamed Ibrahim alias Tall could be among radical youth terrorising residents
- Coastal areas of Kenya; Kwale, Mombasa, and Kilifi put on a high terror alert during Ramadhan period.
ANTI-Terrorism Police Unit (ATPU) in joint cooperation with residents of Mwembe Tayari have been able to arrest a most wanted criminal on security watch list.
Mohamed Ibrahim alias Tall was arrested at his home in Mwembe Tayari following a tip-off by the residents. At the time of his arrest, Mohamed Ibrahim was in possession of a knife and drugs.
Police suspect Mohamed Ibrahim is one of the youths wanted by the authorities for a series of knife and gun attacks in Majengo area.
Plea to the Court
The Police want the court to hold Mohamed Ibrahim for at least five days as they complete the investigations.
Mohamed Ibrahim is to be investigated on shooting of Khalid Kharti who was a police reservist vocal on anti-radicalization campaigns and openly opposed radicalization of the youths in Old Town.
Intelligence reports show Police informers and Security Agents as key targets of the radicalized youths at the Coast.
Al Shabaab returnees and linked local terror cells are behind killing of state sympathizers and Government informers. Mombasa Republican Council (MRC) which is a Coastal land militant group is highly believed to be closely working with Somalia based Al Shabaab.
Kenya National Intelligence Service has warned of the homegrown terrorism as a potent threat to the national security.