The Military-Industrial Company (VPK) displayed its upgraded Tigr 4×4 armoured vehicle at the Army 2018 in Kubinka, near Moscow.
The army show that began on 21st will go on until 26th August 2018.
The upgrade is based on combat experience gained during operations in Syria.
The upgraded Tigr-M vehicle is purposed for reconnaissance, escort, patrol, and fire support missions.
A Look at Upgraded Tigr-M Armoured Vehicle (Designated ASN 233115 Tigr-M SpN)
- It has a monocoque welded three-door hull (provides Level 1 STANAG 4569 protection against 5.56 mm and 7.62 mm steel core bullets).
- Has a laden weight of 7,932 kilograms (kgs).
- Can carry up to six fully armed soldiers
- Has a useful payload of 1,200 kg.
- It is powered by a 215hp YaMZ-5347-10 multifuel turbocharged diesel engine.
- Has a top speed of 120 km/h and a range of 1,000 km.
- Has superior ground clearance than the baseline AMN 233114 Tigr-M, as well as a protected engine compartment.
- The ‘traditional less-protected seats’ have been replaced by anti-blast ones to increase crew survivability.
- There is choice to reinforce the windshield and windows with shockproof steel cages if need be.