The Russian Ministry of Defence (MoD) announced that it had signed a contract for delivery of 59 Taifun 4×4 Mine-Resistant, Ambush-Protected (MRAP) Vehicles.
The contract was signed on August 22 during the ongoing Army 2018 defense show in Kubinka near Moscow. The Army 2018 defense show started on 22 August and will end on 26th August 2018.
The Russian company continues to develop the K-53949 Taifun-K MRAP family purposed for use by the land army forces.
Taifun family comprises of two more MRAP vehicles; a Self-Propelled Anti-Tank Guided Missile (SPATGM) system and a Medevac version.
The MRAP vehicles are expected to be delivered by the end of 2020.
A Look at New SPATGM Version
- Armed with eight ready-to-launch Kornet-D anti-tank guided missiles mounted on two separate masts.
- Has laden weight of 16,000 kg.
- A maximum speed of 105 km/h.
A Look at Medevac Version
- It is using the K-53949 chassis is named Linza.
- Linza has a capability of transporting up-to 10 injured soldiers (Remdiesel noted).
The vehicle is almost ready for serial production
Remdiesel Company is also on the processing of developing and expanding K-4386 Taifun-VDV family, intended for airborne troops. The contract is also under the Russian Ministry of Defense.