PUNTLAND, April 13, 2016
Harakat al Shabaab al Mujahideen (HSM) movement suffered a huge blow in Puntland when the militant group lost over 100 fighters.
Three Kenyan fighters are among many youths who were captured while fighting government forces in Puntland.
The three are also believed to be among the many youths reported to have been mission from their homes only to be captured fighting for Al-Shabaab terrorist group in Somalia.
During the fight, 100 Al-Shabaab fighters were killed while 59 others belonging to other nationalities were arrested and are now facing death by firing squad after their trial by military court.
The three captured Kenyans were identified as Abdullahi Arbow Mohamed, Idiris Muse Jirow and Yusuf Qabiro Makoma.
RECENTLY KILLED COMMANDERS
- Sheikh Mansur — the chief trainer of the Somalia terrorist organization
- Hassan Ali Dhoore — the head of Amniyaat, Al-Shabaab’s intelligence wing in lower Shabelle, Somalia
- Abu Islam — a Yemeni bomb expert
- Aden Bale — Al-Shabaab commander of Leego region
- Mohamed Abribao — “Judge” of Janaale region
According to Contingent’s Commander in Sector 1 Brigadier General Sam Okiding, Al-Shabaab terrorist group is facing complete decimation. The Al Qaeda affiliated group in Somalia has been overpowered by AMISOM and SNA resorting to hit and run tactics to avoid direct contact with allied forces and remain relevant.