18th November 2015, Telegram announced of cracking down 78 ISIS related channels in 12 languages this week.
The encrypted messaging application shut down access to several public channels that people have been using to reach out to ISIS.
Telegram move comes at a time extremist groups have adopted online medium as a way to reach out to their follows and a perfect platform to conduct recruitment.
Cyber security has been breached by the extremist jihadist groups and propaganda warfare thrives on the cyber platform.
Telegram shutting down the communication channels comes days after the terrorist linked to ISIS orchestrated multiple attacks in Paris, France killing at least 130 people and injuring scores.
Since then, reports have surfaced about how terrorists have used encrypted messaging in their operations using Telegram’s public channels.
Specifically ISIS it is disturbing that the terrorist group has widely used the channels in spreading their propaganda and consequently this week 78 ISIS linked channels across 12 languages have been blocked according to Telegram messaging app official.
- UK Considers Banning Encrypted Communication Apps. The UK government is planning to ban end-to-end encrypted communication apps such as […]
- Hacktivists Waging Cyber War on ISIL Major hacktivist groups have collaborated in exposing ISIS twitter accounts. Ctrlsec, […]
- Tactical Capability of Terrorists Shows they can Strike Anywhere After Charlie Hebdo The tactical capability of the terrorists who killed 12 in Paris Charlie Hebdo is […]
- ISIS Releases New Propaganda Video Threatening to Attack Washington 17th November 2015, Islamic State which claimed responsibility of Paris multiple […]
- France Police Foil a Second Major Terror Attack in Pre-Dawn Raids OSINT SUMMARY Wednesday 18th November 2015, France Police managed to foil yet another […]
- Al-Shabaab Propaganda Website Attacked by Hackers A Somali jihadists propaganda website Radio-Andullus has been attacked by […]
- Al Shabaab Media Destroyed in Cyber Attack Other Websites Disabled in Global Counter Terrorism Operations Online Hackers have completely destroyed the Somali Jihadists propaganda media channels. The Al […]
- Kenya Leads Globally in Virtual Counter Terrorism: Decimation of Online Jihadist’s and Recruiters by Kenyan Counter Terrorism Experts Killing Fields: Decimation of Online Jihadist’s and Recruiters by […]