- Somalia National Army (SNA)backed by African Union Mission in Somalia troops (AMISOM) continues to make significant gains against the Islamist militants in Somalia.
- 7th August 2015, the troops engage in a fierce fight against the militants and recaptured and took control of several key areas, Garsani and Nur Fanah settlements in Hiiraan region from the militants.
- AMISOM which comprises of troops from Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Burundi, Sierra Leone and Djibouti have in last few days intensified fight against the militant. Dozens of Al Shabaab fighters have been killed, operational bases destroyed.
- The intensified war against Al Shabaab terrorists saw Bardheere and Dinsoor regions being liberated from the militants.
- Operation Jubba Corridor offensive against the militants is making significant gains. Militants seem to be overwhelmed by the AMISOM troops; fleeing and leaving key several towns in Somalia.
- In Galgaduud, Elbuur district, BAY, and Bakool regions have been in control of the Al Shabaab militants but the intensified AMISOM operations have repulsed the militants.
The ongoing offensive is aimed at clearing Al-Shabaab militants from their remaining rural areas in the region to lift the blockade and give local residents access to the supply routes.
Al Shabaab fighters’ also engaged the AMISOM troops with fierce resistance during the takeover of these areas.