Libyan forces continue to make gains against the Islamist Daesh terrorist in their bastion, Sirte.
According to Pentagon spokeswoman Henrietta Levin, Libya is doing so with the help of a small number of U.S. troops that is supporting Libyan troop’s offensive.
Though the spokeswoman did not disclose the number of forces involved, she confirmed of U.S. involvement in ousting Daesh from its most powerful stronghold outside its home base of Middle East.
Sirte is key city to Daesh, lies about midway between Tripoli and Benghazi. Daesh captured the city in 2015 following the chaos that erupted after the ousting of Muammar Gaddafi.
U.S. has in their recent campaigns against Daesh have carried out 28 successful airstrikes, including eight on Monday since they began their air raids on August 1 according to the U.S.'s African command.
- Islamic State Senior Commander Arrested in Northwestern Libya OSINT SUMMARY Friday 26th February 2016, a senior Islamic State commander […]
- US Intensifies Air Raids against Islamic State Terrorists in Libya US has stepped up its air raids against the Islamic States terrorists in the Libyan […]
- U.S. Conducts its First Airstrike on ISIS in Libya on Request of UN-backed Unity Government The United States (U.S.) carried out its first airstrike targeting the Islamic State […]
- Pentagon Says US B-2 Bombers Killed over 80 Daesh Terrorists in Libya Pentagon Pentagon has claimed successful air raids against the Islamists Takfiris in […]
- Libyan Commander Visits Russia, Asks for Help Fight ISIL Islamists Terrorists Khalifa Haftar, a Libyan military commander on Tuesday visited Russia […]
- Islamic State Terrorist Group Losing its Safe Haven in Sirte Libya Pentagon has noted that the Islamic State terrorists are losing grip on their final […]
- U.S. Intervene Militarily To Train African Forces On Combating Terror OSINT SUMMARY U.S. Commander for Special Operations Command Africa Brigadier […]
- Libyan Forces Determined to Dislodge Islamic State from Last Holdouts in Sirte OSINT SUMMARY Fierce fighting resumed over the weekend between Libyan forces […]