Sixteen Ethiopians have been charged in a Mombasa court for being in the country illegally.
The court heard the 16 Ethiopian nationals arrested at Jomvu in Changamwe within Mombasa County on 2nd July following a tip off from the members of public.
All accused pleaded guilty to the charges before Mombasa Chief Magistrate saying they had come to look for jobs.
The court sentenced the accused who were above 18 years to serve a one month in prison or pay a fine of Ksh. 10,000 before being taken back to Ethiopia.
Security at the Kenyan coast is on alert during the month of Ramadan. Members of the public also embracing the spirit of patriotism for their country, collaborating with security agents in security the country.
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- Worrying: Assistant Chief in Kwale County Charged For Aiding Somali Terrorist Acquire Kenyan Identity Card An assistant chief in Kwale County was arraigned and charged in court for helping a […]
- 4 Terrorist Suspects Nabbed in Malindi, Coastal Region OSINT SUMMARY Police on Monday 20th June 2016, arrested four terror suspect […]
- 3 Terror Suspects Linked To Pandanguo Attack in Lamu Freed By Court on Sh 1 Million Bond A Mombasa High Court on Monday 22nd August 2016 freed three terror suspects on Sh1 […]
- Police Anti-human Trafficking Operation Nabs 35 Ethiopians in Nairobi, Kenya Police on Tuesday 11th October 2016 – night conducted anti-human trafficking […]
- Ishmael Wafula, a Terror Suspect Arrested in Bungoma by Anti-Terror Police A suspected terrorist who had been on detective’s radar was on Friday evening […]
- IG of Police Joseph Boinnet Says Boni Forest, Surrounding Villages Pacified of Terrorist Activities Inspector General (IG) of Police, Joseph Boinnet has said that Boni forest and […]
- SNA Nets Al-Shabaab Militants in Security Sweep in Bakol Southwest Somalia BAKOL Southwest Somalia, March 21, 2016 Security sweeps targeting Al-Shabaab […]