Tullow Oil Company begins trial transport of crude oil for the very first time under the Early Oil Pilot Scheme (EOPS) from Lokichar, Turkana to Mombasa.
The company will start transporting oil with two trucks and will later rise to 20 trucks.
The transport trials by road are meant to check for;
- Logistics –the amount of time it will take to get the oil from Lokichar to Mombasa.
- Aim at testing oil reaction to different temperatures.
According to Tullow's Communications Officer Dennis Okore, trucking is a trial to check on the process and the logistics, saying the real transportation of early oil will start next year.
"This is just a trial version to check on the pressure, temperatures, viscosity and how much the refinery will take," said Mr Okore.
Kenya is set to start commercial production of oil in 2020.
- British Company Tullow Discovers More Oil at Erut 1 Well Kenya dream of commercial exportation of oil is almost being realized after the […]
- Tullow Oil Makes another Discovery in Northern Kenya Tullow Oil Plc which is doing oil exploration in Kenya has announced of discovering […]
- Kenyan Government Signs Oil Export Agreement with Tullow Kenyan government on Tuesday 14/3/2017 signed an oil exportation agreement with […]
- China and India among Top Countries on Queue for Kenya’s Oil Exports China and India are among the top countries on queue for Kenya’s oil export […]
- Kenya Set To Begin Exporting 2,000 Barrels of Oil Daily From July 2017 ENERGY BRIEF Kenya has announced plans to start exporting 2,000 barrels of […]
- Kenya’s Oil Pipeline Construction To Commence in 2 Weeks, Energy CS Keter ENERGY BRIEF, April 29, 2016 Kenya’s oil pipeline works is expected to […]
- Kenya Decides To Go Alone On Oil Pipeline Construction ENERGY BRIEF, April 24, 2016 Kenya will go alone on the construction of […]
- Kenya Deal with Ethiopia to Build Oil Pipeline ENERGY BRIEF Kenya and Ethiopia are set to finalize a deal that will see the […]