Targets Mapped and Targetted by Terrorists in Nairobi, Kenyan Capital
- AL-shabaab have planned terrorist attacks in Kenya, aimed at damaging the economy, assassination of political and security leaders, and attacking western interests and tourists.
- Moi Air Base in Eastleigh, Nairobi, Terrorists intend to launch rockets from the Grand Royal Hotel, located along Eastleigh’s 12th street which offers a suitable aerial view of the Military Base.
- Florida 2000 Club in the CBD
- Bar near Nation Center for better Media Coverage
- Strip Club in CBD
- Consolata Shrine along Chiromo Road
- St Theresa Catholic Church at the junction of Eastleigh and Juja Road
- Ambassador, Odeon, Kencom and an undisclosed supermarket along Ronald Ngala Street
- Nairobi. The operatives intend to use Vehicle Borne Improvised
- Explosive Device (VBIED) and possible targets could be US, British, Israeli Embassies and unspecified United Nations offices.
- ABC Place- Ideal Suicide Mission
- Valley Arcade – ideal for gunmen & grenades
Mombasa County of Kenya
- Kenya Oil Pipeline network laid along the Mombasa – Nairobi highway. Key targets would include pump stations between Mombasa and Nariobi, among them, Mazeras, Samburu and Mtito Andei. The planned attacks are meant to reinforce the one against Changamwe Oil Refinery for maximum damage.
- ATPU headquarters and Central Police Station in Mombasa; The ATPU headquarters remains especially vulnerable because the perimeter fence is low and easily scalable
- A Bus Travelers stopover in Voi near Aidarus, opposite Generation Supermarket, Voi
- Point between Kiembeni Estate and Kiembeni Primary School.
- Heavy Traffic will be attacked at the point between Anglican Youth Centre and Coast General Hospital, along Tom Mboya Avenue during heavy traffic jams during peak hours.
- Ukunda-Ramisi Road, Kwale County near Medicare Clinic and Laboratory Service.
- Al-Shabaab have planned kidnappings of foreigners at Kiwayu Safari Lodge and civil servants at Kiunga in Lamu County.
Mandera, Wajir, & Garissa
- Churches in Mandera
- Police and military bases & patrols in Mandera
- Businesses owned by people from outside Islam religion.
- Schools in Mandera
- Mandera Airport
- Muslims of the Alus Unaw Aliama sect, who mainly worship at Abdi Aziz and Qadhi Musa Mosques in Mandera during the ‘Maulid’ celebrations. The group claims that the celebrations are contrary to the Islamic teachings.
- Gunmen who hail from Marehan, Leisan and Garreh clans, and have been advised to pose as beggars/madmen in order to disguise their identity. Their intention is to kidnap/assassinate Kenyan security personnel, prominent politicians
- Al-Shabaab have mapped and planned to bomb vital installations in Mandera, Wajir, Garissa, Mombasa and Nairobi.
- Security personnel in Dadaab
Other Highly Targetted Are
- Churches, populated public/social places and security establishments in Nairobi, Coast and North Eastern regions
- Police posts, Christian gatherings, social places and the Jesus Celebration Centre (JCC) Church within Bamburi in Mombasa County.
- Times Tower and Nyayo House buildings within Nairobi