- Kenya police is in custody of two suspected Al Shabaab militants arrest while enroute to Somalia
- Kenya’s Anti-terrorism police officers arrested the two suspects in Madogo area in the coastal region, some 3 kilometers from Garissa County.
- The two suspect Zacharia Omwenga alias Salma and Abdi Hussein Ali alias Blacky were arrested by ATPU on Friday 7th August 2015.
- The Suspect were arraigned before Garissa Chief Magistrate where they told the court that they were too traffic a woman to Somalia to be married off to a member of the Al Shabaab terror group.
- Police requested the court to give them seven days to complete investigations before formally charging the two.
There is a worrying trend in Kenya whereby, youths are spending so many hours on internet going through terrorist related websites.
Terrorists are also massively conducting online recruitment and radicalization promising youths a better lifestyle and money upon joining the Islamist militant groups.
Unemployment, marginalization are referenced as the key reasons of youths crossing over to Somalia to join the Al Shabaab fighters.
In the last few weeks Al Shabaab has suffered serious blows whereby they have lost some of their key areas. Bardheere and Dinsoor have been captured by the AMISOM troops. Dozens of Al Shabaab fighters have been killed while hundreds have fled to Galgala hills of Puntland, outside the AMISOM area of operation.
Though AMISOM have made significant gains against the militants, the forces need to be on the lookout as the militant maybe regrouping and recruiting too fill the gaps left by their slain fighters.
Kenyan populous also urged to be vigilant and report on any suspicious characters to the authorities to curb any possible threat posed by the Al Shabaab.