- 15th August 2015, a former Islamist warlord is re-elected as president of Somalia’s southern region of Jubbaland.
- 18 August 2015, through a joint press statement, United Nations, AMISOM, IGAD, EU and UK congratulate Sheikh Ahmed Mohamed Islam popularly known as Madobe election as the President of the Interim Jubba Administration (IJA) on 15 August.
- The bodies commended Madobe’s commitment to work earnestly with the committee formed by Prime Minister Omar Abdirashid Ali Sharmarke to address the composition of the IJA Regional Assembly.
- Madobe welcomed to support outcomes of High Level Partnership Forum as well as for United Nations Security Council Resolution 2232 (2015).
- IJA and the Federal Government of Somalia encouraged Madobe working hand in hand with other Somali stakeholders to formulate a strategy as 2016 electoral process draws near.
Madobe a former leader of powerful Ras Kamboni militia has fought against the al Qaeda-linked Al Shabaab militants who fully had control on some of Jubbaland regions.
Madobe the IJA president now expected to commit to work in close coordination and collaboration with Somali National Army and AMISOM to liberate the remaining territories under the control of Al Shabaab.
International partners are also to play a pivotal role in making effort of mobilizing resources through existing mechanism in a view to support the delivery of basic services to the populace of Somali.