Radicalized youths continue to surrender themselves to the authorities even as the amnesty period comes to a close. Massive radicalized youths have recently surrendered themselves to the authorities at the coast.
Intelligence reports indicate massive radicalized youths who had joined the Al Qaida affiliate Al Shabaab terror group have returned home and are ready to undergo elaborate comprehensive integration program initiated by Ministry of Interior.
The program is meant to offer them extensive counselling and rehabilitation courses and later be absorbed into nation building activities.
On April 24, the Ministry of Interior had extended the amnesty period that saw hundreds of Al Shabaab radicalized youth’s returnees surrender. Although the extension has since expired, the government is still willing to pardon the youths who are voluntarily surrendering to the authorities.
Al Shabaab Weakening Factors
- The Somalia Islamist group is slowly weakening as it is faced will a number of crises. Amnesty that has seen hundreds of youths turn themselves in to the authorities is a sign that Al Shabaab outfits days are coming to a close.
- The Islamist group has nothing to offer youths apart from Slavery, Hunger, Violence and eventually Death.
- The Islamist outfit has no food and is broke; no funds to fund their terrorism activities, factors that has made the militant group turn to banditry tactics to survive.
- Further the Somali based jihadist has suffered several airstrikes from the Kenya Defence Forces which has left most of strongholds completely liberated.
- Al Shabaab has received big blow when a number of top commanders have denounced from the outfit, surrendering to the authorities.
Al Shabaab in East Africa is seen to disintegrate within the coming days. The terror group is concentrating on their cowardly soft targets such churches, learning institutions and ordinary civilians; this is a sign that the group is incapacitated and totally weakened.