A Ugandan King is facing terrorism, murder, attempted murder, and robbery with violence and eight other charges.
All charges are related to the recent clashes witnessed in the town of Kasese where up to 100 civilians and police officers were killed.
Charles Wesley Mumbere, the King of Rwenzururu appeared in a court in Jinja a town in eastern Ugandan.
The King was arrested on November 27 following a raid by security forces on his palace in Kasese town, in the west of Uganda.
Clashes between the king’s guards and the Ugandan government army left up to 100 people killed and over 100 others in police detention.
The government Uganda accuse the kingdom of recruiting and training militants seeking to break away from Uganda, to create their own republic.
However the Kingdom has denied the accusation. The king has been remanded in prison custody till December 28.
- Deadly Clashes in Uganda Leaves 14 Police & 41 Tribal Insurgents Killed Ugandan police said on Sunday that 41 tribal insurgents and 14 police officers were […]
- IGP Kayihura Deploys Over 100 Flying Squad Officers to Troubled Kasese Uganda’s Inspector General of Police (IGP) General Kale Kayihura has deployed […]
- Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni Appoints Son Muhoozi Kainerugaba as His Advisor Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni on Monday night named his son Muhoozi […]
- Inspector General of Police, Kale Kayihura Lauds Uganda Police for Doing a Good Job On Tuesday 9th August 2016, Uganda’s Inspector General of Police, Kale Kayihura […]
- 10 Ugandan Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) Rebels Face Death Sentence for Crimes against Humanity 10 Ugandan allied democratic forces rebels get death sentence for killing of innocent […]
- Kenya and Uganda Security Collaboration in Ending Cross-border Clashes Kenyan and Ugandan authorities on early this week kicked off efforts to end […]
- Escalating War in South Sudan Could Lead to Refugees Influx in Uganda UN has warned of the escalating war in South Sudan could see more refugees flee to […]
- Security in Mogadishu Somalia Scaled Up Ahead of Regional Summit OSINT SUMMARY Security in Somalia’s capital Mogadishu and its environs […]