Since the conflict between forces loyal President of South Sudan Salva Kiir clashed with opposition leader former Vice President, Riek Machar the latter reportedly went missing.
The Sudanese government has now disclosed that the South Sudan’s fugitive former vice president and opposition leader is in Khartoum to seek medical attention.
In a press release, the Sudanese minister of Information, Ahmed Bilal Osman categorically said that Sudan received Mr. Machar for medical treatment at the Sudanese capital, Khartoum.
Sudan further stated that they received Dr Riek Machar purely on humanitarian bases citing the rebel leader was in an urgent need for medical attention.
Osman also noted in the press release that the health condition of Dr Riek Machar has stabilized adding that he will stary in the country under full medical supervision until he (Machar) leaves the country for a destination of his choice to complete his medical treatment.
Last week a report by United Nations indicated that the South Sudanese fugitive, former vice president, Riek Machar had arrived in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) after fleeing from South Sudan.
- South Sudan Rejects UN Deployment of Regional Troops in Juba JUBA, August 11, 2016 The situation in South Sudan remains shaky after the […]
- South Sudan Agrees Additional Deployment of UN Peacekeepers OSINT SUMMARY Reports from South Sudan indicate that the government on Sunday […]
- African Union (AU) Calls on New South Sudan FVP General Taban Deng Gai to Step Down The African Union (AU) Peace and Security Council (PSC) has called on the newly […]
- Kenya Deports James Gatdet Dak, South Sudan Rebel Leader’s Spokesman to Juba Kenyan government working with South Sudanese authorities deported James Gatdet Dak […]
- South Sudan President Salva Kiir Rushes to Kampala for Talks with Museveni, Machar Fails to Return to Juba Following the recent clashes in South Sudan, the country’s embattled President […]
- South Sudan’s Vice President Deng Gai Urges Refugees to Return Home The First Vice President of South Sudan, Taban Deng Gai, has encouraged displaced […]
- Kenya Ask Help from France to Secure Regional Peace & Stability OSINT SUMMARY President Uhuru Kenyatta has called on France to support […]
- South Sudan’s President Salva Kiir Sacks 6 Ministers Allied to Machar, SPLM-IO Term Replacement Illegal OSINT SUMMARY Political rift continues to widen in the world’s youngest […]