Following the recent conflict witnessed in South Sudan, refugees continue to pour into northern part of Uganda in huge numbers.
The number of refugees reportedly has shot up since the clashes of army loyal to President Salva Kiir and those loyal to Vice President Riek Machar broke out early this month.
More than 14,887 South Sudan refugees have crossed over into Uganda since July 7, when war broke out in Africa’s youngest country.
The highest number –7,225 new arrivals were recorded on July 18 according to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
Media reports indicate 26,000 refugees have poured into Uganda through the border posts and is expected to hit 50,000 according to Mr Titus Jogo of the Adjumani Refugee Desk officer.
The crisis in South Sudan has seen countries including Kenya, Uganda, India and U.S. evacuate their citizens.
Kenya is on the forefront in making sure peace is restored in South Sudan.
- Kenya Evacuates 796 Citizens from South Sudan Following Recent Clashes Kenya has already evacuated 796 of its citizens from South Sudan following the […]
- Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni Calls for Peace in South Sudan OSINT SUMMARY Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni called on leaders in war torn […]
- Escalating War in South Sudan Could Lead to Refugees Influx in Uganda UN has warned of the escalating war in South Sudan could see more refugees flee to […]
- South Sudan Refugee Crisis Now Largest Surge in Africa South Sudan’s years of civil has forced more than 1.5 million people to flee […]
- South Sudan President Salva Kiir Rushes to Kampala for Talks with Museveni, Machar Fails to Return to Juba Following the recent clashes in South Sudan, the country’s embattled President […]
- Security Heightened in Mogadishu as Somalia Set to Host IGAD Summit OSINT SUMMARY Security has been heightened up in Mogadishu as Somalia is set […]
- Security in Mogadishu Somalia Scaled Up Ahead of Regional Summit OSINT SUMMARY Security in Somalia’s capital Mogadishu and its environs […]
- U.S. Military Ends Operation against Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) in Central Africa US military wrapped up an operation against the Lord’s Resistance Army […]