Soma Oil & Gas Exploration Limited, the Somalia focused oil and gas exploration company, announced Friday the completion of its offshore seismic acquisition program which commenced in February 2014.
The seismic acquisition program was carried out by SeaBird Exploration (SeaBird) and concluded in June 2014 with over 12,738 miles (20,500 kilometers) lines of 2D seismic data having been acquired across a 47,104 square miles (122,000 square kilometers) offshore evaluation area. The processing of the seismic data is expected to take until late 2014 to complete.
Soma Oil & Gas will provide the processed seismic data to the Ministry of Petroleum & Mineral Resources, Federal Government of Somalia (the Ministry) for use by the Ministry and storage in the Ministry’s data room in Mogadishu.
Under the terms of the Seismic Option Agreement signed by the Ministry and the Company, Soma Oil & Gas has the right to apply for Production Sharing Agreements for an area of up to 23,166 square miles (60,000 square kilometers).
- Soma Oil & Gas Holdings to be First to Test Somalia Billion Barrel Oil Trove Offshore Soma Oil and Gas Holdings will be the first company to start exploration in Somalia. The […]
- Soma British Oil Firm Accused of ‘Payoffs’ to Somali Officials by U.N. Monitor Event British company Soma Oil and Gas accused of making large payments to Somalia’s […]
- Soma Oil and Gas Threatens Somalia Government British firm Soma Oil and Gas owned by Michael Howard the former British Conservative […]
- Total to Explore Oil In Kenya’s Block L22 Offshore Total will explore oil on block L22 offshore in Kenya after it signed a production […]
- Swala Energy and Tullow Oil Plc Start 2D Program in Block 12b Nyanza Kenya Australian oil and gas company Swala Energy Limited reports that it has started a 2D […]
- Soma British Oil Firm Denies Allegations of ‘Payoffs’ To Somali Officials Key Highlights According to reports by UN Monitoring Group, the British company Soma […]
- Pancontinental Oil and Gas Sunbird-1 Well in Kenya not Commercially Viable Sunbird-1 well drilled onshore by Australian oil and gas explorer Pancontinental Oil and […]
- CAMAC Energy Kenya Contracts for Seismic Surveys at Kenya Blocks L1B, L16 CAMAC Energy Inc. reports that its subsidiary, CAMAC Energy Kenya Limited awarded […]