Wednesday 17/5/2017, Security forces in Bay region have started an operation aimed at removing blockades that have set by Al-Shabaab terrorists on main roads.
The operation also incorporates bomb expert unit from the AMISOM citing possible planting of IEDs by the Shebabs on the roads targeting security forces.
Confirming on the operation, Deputy Governor of Bay region, Yonis Aadan Hassan noted that the operation once completed will greatly see humanitarian relief reaches residents affected by the drought.
The Al-Qaeda linked Al-Shabaab terrorists have put road blocks cutting off main roads leading to several towns in central Somalia, a region the Islamist terror group lost to the troops of Somali government backed by AU forces.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Security Forces Dismantle 26 Al-Shabaab Illegal Roadblocks Planted In Lower & Middle Shabelle Security forces in Middle and Lower Shabelle have dismantled up to 26 illegal roadblocks […]
- Senior Al-Shabaab Commander Surrender to Somali Government Troops in Beledweyne Town A senior Al-Shabaab commander handed himself up to Somali Government troops in […]
- SNA & Djiboutian Soldiers Dislodge Al-Shabaab Terrorists from New Areas in Central Somalia Military Intelligence reports from Somalia indicate that SNA backed by Djiboutian […]
- Local Administration in Gedo Region Vows to Root Out Al-Shabaab from the Region Local administration in Gedo region of southern Somalia vowed to continue fighting […]
- Somali Police Defuse Landmines in Beledweyne, Central Somalia Somali police forces have defused and dismantled several landmines […]
- SNA Conduct Major Clean-up Operation to Remove Roadblocks in Lower Shabelle OSINT reports from Somalia indicate that security forces including SNA conducted a […]
- 10 Al-Shabaab Suspects Arrested in Security Operation Conducted in Kismaayo Ten Al-Shabaab suspects were arrested in a joint operation conducted by Somali Police […]