Recently appointed Kenyan Inspector General of Police Joseph Kipchirchir Boinett has stirred the previously presumed sluggish Kenya police force.
The rapid and visible change in the Kenya police force, particularly in strategic deployment and response as promised by IG Joseph Kipchirchir Boinett can be clearly felt barely two months into the job.
The Kenya police force has become increasingly vigilante and is slowly beating the bad reputation. In the past few weeks, security especially in the Kenyan capital has seen a lot of changes.
There is evidence that crime cartels which used to enjoy protection are being crushed in the capital. There is a sharp increase in number of arrests made. Police are targeting criminals who for a long time kept the capital insecure.
In the capital Nairobi on Tuesday night gang members were gunned down in separate incidents.
In Nairobi’s southern edge, a slum known for harboring criminals witnessed a rapid response to a night-time robbery by the Kenya police.
3 gunmen were killed at the Mukuru Kwa Rueben slum.
Police also gunned down 3 gunmen who stormed a police station in the Eastlands.
The public has also noted the change in the police efficiency. According to a crime witness police are showing up almost immediately when an alarm is raised, a clear indicator that Kenya police is becoming efficient and reliable.
The Government of Kenya hired 10,000 police officers in April 2015 objectively. The plan is to increase the number of police to citizen ratio.
The Kenya Police Service recruits reported to Kiganjo Police Training College.
The Kenya Police college has set new and very high standards for recruits. These standards will characterize the Kenya police force henceforth.
- Kenya Police Service Deployment, Capability to Maintain Law and Order Kenya Police is a body that has a mandate to enforce law and order in Kenya. The […]
- Kenya Inspector General (IG) Joseph Kipchirchir Boinnet; Updates Police Force History The history of Kenya Police dates back to existence of Imperial British East Africa […]
- Over 700 More Security Officers Deployed in Lamu County LAMU COUNTY, March 12, 2016 Security in Lamu has been heightened with […]
- KDF Deployed to Unravel Al Shabaab’s Threat Matrix in Boni Forest KEY HIGHLIGHTS September 6th 2015, the Kenyan Government has dispatched […]
- Kenya National Police Ranks; Meet Inspector General Joseph K. Boinet the Highest Ranking Police Official The exit of the former police Inspector General David M. Kimaiyo following various […]
- IG of Police Joseph Boinnet Says Boni Forest, Surrounding Villages Pacified of Terrorist Activities Inspector General (IG) of Police, Joseph Boinnet has said that Boni forest and […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Kenya Interior Ministry Issues Statement on Police Structural Change Kenya's ministry of interior through its Cabinet Minister Rtd General Nkaissery has […]