Somali’s President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed Farmajo has made a second appeal to the Al-Shabaab fighters to denounce the terrorist group before it’s too late.
The president appealed to the fighter to take advantage of the amnesty offer extended to them before they are wiped out.
President Farmajo sent a message to Al-Shabaab fighters with information touching on the killings of civilian, destroying private properties and coming to the negotiation table with the government for rehabilitation.
Don’t kill innocent people. Don’t destroy properties. We still stand on our position for reconciliation. I pray to Allah to restore the thoughts of this group and to be independent minded in order to abstain from working with foreigners, the president was quoted in his message.
The president noted that it is not the right for sustaining hostility on the Somali people but what they only need is peace and development.
The Federal government of Somalia has several occasions pleaded with Al-Shabaab fighters surrender and come to the negotiation table.
- Somali Forces Preparing Major Offensive to Liberate Lower Shabelle Region from Al-Shabaab Somali National Army troops are preparing for a major offensive aimed at liberating […]
- SNA, AMISOM Forces Raid Al-Shabaab Training Camp near Jowhar Town, Somalia MILITARY BRIEF February 29, 2016, Military reports from Somalia indicate that SNA […]
- Puntland and Galmudug Presidents Agrees to Ceasefire Deal in Galkayo Latest reports from Somalia indicate that Puntland President Abdiweli Mohamed Ali and […]
- Somali President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed Vows to Eradicate Militants As He Offers Peace Talks Somali President Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed has vowed to eradicate militant groups in […]
- Somali’s President Calls on Al-Shabaab to Surrender Somalia’s new president during his inauguration on Wednesday 22/2/2017 called […]
- SNA, South West State Forces Kill 10 Al-Shabaab Terrorists in Southwest Somalia South West State forces backed by Somali army killed at least 10 Al-Shabaab […]
- Abdullahi Mohamed Saeed, ISIS Fighter Surrenders to Puntland Authorities An ISIS fighter has surrendered to Puntland authorities. Corresponding open sources […]
- 11 Al-Shabaab Militants killed in a Major Security Operation in Baay Region, Somalia BAAY Somalia, March 12, 2016 Latest military reports from Somalia indicate […]