Forces loyal to embattled South Sudan First Vice President Riek Machar who has since been replaced as VP has threatened of fresh attacks in Juba if a third force is not deployed in South Sudan.
Through Machar’s spokesman Mr James Gadet, the loyalist said they are waiting orders from the commander-in-chief to march on to Juba.
Already fresh fighting is going on in north-west of Juba with Gadet, claiming that opposition (SPLA-IO) had captured a military base in Katigir.
Mr Gadet has blamed the forces loyal to President Salva Kiir saying they had carried aerial assaults of their bases in Lanya County but their forces have repulsed Kiir’s ground troops.
Mr Gadet boasted that their army has captured 21 military tracks from government soldiers in the last one week.
On the other hand President Kiir’s government is not threatened and has ruled out the threats saying Machar’s group is incapable of attacking Juba.
With scenes unfolding and with Kiir and Machar faction stand off, not trying to reach other, South Sudan crisis is far from over.
- General Gai Sworn-in as South Sudan’s First VP, Calls for One Army & Accepts Kiir as His Commander in Chief EVENT SUMMARY On Tuesday 26th July 2016 South Sudan sworn in the former […]
- Fresh Fighting Erupts in South Sudan, over 50 Killed in Clash near Malakal Fresh fighting has been report in South Sudan between government forces and […]
- Machar Backs AU Regional Military Deployment in South Sudan South Sudan’s vice president and former rebel leader Riek Machar has welcomed […]
- SPLA-IO Accuse Ugandan Troops Redeployment Into South Sudan OSINT SUMMARY Sudan People’s Liberation Army in Opposition (SPLA-IO) […]
- South Sudan Government Deploys Force in Juba after Two Army Officers Killed OSINT SUMMARY South Sudan government has deployed a huge force in Juba after […]
- Kenya Deports James Gatdet Dak, South Sudan Rebel Leader’s Spokesman to Juba Kenyan government working with South Sudanese authorities deported James Gatdet Dak […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Riek Machar Relocate Military Base Outside Juba Following Clashes OSINT SUMMARY South Sudan’s Vice President, Riek Machar has relocated […]