Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta arrived in German capital Berlin on Wednesday where he met with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
The two leaders discussed matters touching the ongoing fight against terrorism. The leaders met amid growing concern in Europe in relation to recent attacks witnessed in Paris and in Brussels.
President Kenyatta stressed the need of jointly coming together in combating terrorism, noting extremism as a struggle facing African nations.
The Kenya’s president acknowledged the challenge of extremists in countries like Nigeria, Niger, Cameroon and Mali saying they face the same terror threats as Kenya.
President Kenyatta called on Africa nations to cooperate with each other, African Union to exchange intelligence information with other stakeholders.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel on her part lauded Kenya’s effort battling Al-Shabaab militants in neighbouring Somalia.
President Kenyatta's visit to Berlin comes as European countries try to renew relations with Africa.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel Visit Mali, Niger; Discuss Security & Development German chancellor Angela Merkel on Monday 10th October 2016 visited Mali and Niger […]
- Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta Condemns Brussels Terrorist Attack, Urge World Leaders To Jointly Fight Terror EVENT SUMMARY, March 23, 2016 Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta has […]
- Key Suspect In Brussels Airport Attack Arrested In Belgium March 23, 2016: Belgian Police have arrested a key suspect in the deadly bomb attacks […]
- Following Brussels Attacks EU Vows To Deepen Intelligence Sharing BRUSSELS ATTACKS March 25, 2016 Following Brussels terrorist attacks earlier […]
- ISIS Cell Linked to Paris Attacks Jailed for 16 Years in Belgium OSINT SUMMARY A Belgium court on Tuesday sentenced an ISIS cell linked to […]
- France Charges Paris Attacks Mastermind Salah Abdeslam EVENT SUMMARY, Paris, April 28, 2016 French court has charged the Paris […]
- Paris Attacks Mastermind Salah Abdeslam, To Be Extradited To France OSINT SUMMARY The terror architect of the Paris attacks Salah Abdeslam is […]
- France Police Thwart An Attack at Advanced Stages, Arrests Suspect OSINT SUMMARY France police arrested a man they say was in the advanced […]