President Uhuru Kenyatta said this in an OSINT statement after he had talks with China’s special representative on African affairs, Zhong Jianhua, in the Kenyan capital, Nairobi.
China has vast interests in the region and is increasingly becoming concerned about the conflict in Burundi.
President Uhuru Kenyatta urged Nkurunziza to revive peace talks and prevent the east African nation from plunging into full-blown war.
The Great Lakes Region is committed to ensure that peace is restored in Burundi after a couple of months characterized with violence.
The Eastern Africa Standby Forced, based in Nairobi’s Karen has been given a go ahead to deploy in Burundi should the violence escalate.
Meanwhile, Kenya remains central in the ongoing Great Lakes Region efforts aimed to resolve the Burundi crisis. On Wednesday 11th November President Uhuru Kenya sent a special envoy Joseph Nyaga to Burundi. Nyaga was expected to meet with leaders of both sides to discuss the ongoing crisis.
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- Threat Matrix Reevaluation Of Rwanda-Burundi Mistrust To East Africa Highlights: The Burundi Crisis caused by an attempted failed coup spiraled by […]
- Burundian President Pierre Nkurunziza Vows to Fight African Union Peacekeepers EVENT SUMMARY 30th December 2015, in a speech broadcast on a state radio, Burundian […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- US Sends Envoy To Uganda To Encourage The Uganda-Led Burundi Peace Talks Event Summary: The United Nations Security Council on Friday 13th November […]
- Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta, Tells Kiir South Sudanese Need Peace, Not War The Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta who had visited Juba on Tuesday 30th August 2016 […]
- Senior Regional Military Leaders Conclude ‘Peacekeeping’ Course In Kenya Highlights: The 13th Regional Senior Military Leaders’ Course (RSML) concluded at […]
- Kenya is China’s Major Market in East and Central Africa. Hundreds of businessmen flew from China to Kenya shortly before the Chinese Premier Li […]