Germany envoy to Kenya Jutta Frasch has praised Kenya’s security efforts saying the country is now safe.
The envoy while visiting Kenya’s old tourist attraction, Fort Jesus Museum said the country is safe and foreign tourists visiting should not worry about insecurity while visiting the Kenya’s old town.
Frasch said her government has been engaged by Kenya in a number of bilateral agreements including police training and advisory.
The Germany envoy took time to salute the Kenyan government and all the security agents for their ultimate resolve to fight terrorism.
He noted several gains already made with quite a number of extremist returnees having been helped to start their lives afresh after denouncing the Somali-based terrorist group, Al-Shabaab.
Corresponding sentiments have been echoed by France deputy envoy to Kenya Kim Ramoneda saying Kenya is now safer.
Ramoneda noted that Kenya’s security has drastically improved saying they are working on lifting travel ban on Lamu.
In May 2014, France, UK, Australia and the U.S. had issued non-essential travel advisories to some parts of Kenya following terror attacks by Al-Shabaab.
Ramoneda said that France is working to lift the travel advisory for Lamu saying security had taken a U-turn and hoping it will get better.
She also stressed on the need for Kenya to partner with other developed nations in solving security problems noting that France has trained over 700 Kenyan soldiers in the last two years already deployed in Somalia to battle Al-Shabaab.
- Heightened Security Prompts Tourism Boom in Mombasa Tourism sector is set to benefit in folds during this festive season […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- U.S.-Godec: Radicalization & Terrorism Still Kenya’s Major Security Challenge; Laud Kenya Government on Security Interventions SECURITY BRIEF 13th January 2016, United State government has said radicalization […]
- Kenya Evacuates 796 Citizens from South Sudan Following Recent Clashes Kenya has already evacuated 796 of its citizens from South Sudan following the […]
- Kenya, Somalia In Joint Efforts To Curtail Cross-Border Terrorism (Al Shabaab) At Mandera Border Area Highlights: Kenya’s security agents in Mandera County have teamed up […]
- Mandera Governor Ali Roba Call on Residents to Help Government Fight Terrorists Mandera governor Ali Roba has called on residents to help the government fight […]
- Kenya’s Tourism Boost as France Lift Travel Advisories Issued Against Malindi and Mombasa ECONOMIC BRIEF Kenya tourism sector is set to benefit significantly after France […]
- Kenya Police Unbowed, Escort of Buses Plying Mandera-Nairobi Route Continues Kenya security agents to continues with their duty of keeping the country safe, and […]