A refugee camp set up in August in northern Uganda in Bidi town is among the world’s largest and already bloating with 260,000 South Sudanese and 2,700 reportedly arriving every day since November.
Uganda authorities have warned of the influx saying it has reached its maximum capacity.
UN estimates another 300,000 South Sudanese refugees are expected to arrive in Uganda alone next year as violence in the world’s youngest nation continues.
Uganda is now home to 600,000 refugees from South Sudan, with more than half arriving after July following the outbreak of fighting in Juba between forces loyal to President Salva Kiir and former vice President Riek Machar.
- South Sudan Refugees Pour in Numbers into Northern Uganda In Summary Following the recent conflict witnessed in South Sudan, refugees […]
- Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni Calls for Peace in South Sudan OSINT SUMMARY Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni called on leaders in war torn […]
- Security Heightened in Mogadishu as Somalia Set to Host IGAD Summit OSINT SUMMARY Security has been heightened up in Mogadishu as Somalia is set […]
- South Sudanese Fleeing as Country Edges Closer to ‘Genocide’ UN human right commission has warned several times of what is happening […]
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- Kenya Evacuates 796 Citizens from South Sudan Following Recent Clashes Kenya has already evacuated 796 of its citizens from South Sudan following the […]
- Fresh Raids Force over 3,000 South Sudanese Flee to Uganda More than 3,000 South Sudanese have fled into the neighbouring Uganda on Tuesday […]
- South Sudan to Swear in New First Vice President General Taban Deng Gai OSINT SUMMARY A senior faction of South Sudan’s armed opposition moved […]