Egypt’s army has launched airstrikes and ground operations that have left at least 63 militants in North Sinai killed. Egypt Northern region is currently grappling with increasingly ambitious militant insurgency.
Sinai recently has witnessed some of the heaviest fighting between Egypt’s security forces and the Islamist militants believed to be allies of toppled President Mohamed Mursi of the Muslim Brotherhood in 2013.
Security troops operations Sunday killed at least 63 militants in villages between the towns of Sheikh Zuweid and Rafah.
The army ambushed four militant hideouts and attacked them with Apache helicopters and with ground troops. The vehicles belonging to the militants were also completely destroyed.
Beginning Monday, a car suicide attack in Cairo killed a top prosecutor, the highest government profile official to die since the insurgency began.
Egyptian government officials have pointed fingers to Mursi’s Muslim Brotherhood linking them with Sinai attacks.
Egypt’s interior ministry confirmed to have arrested 12 Brotherhood members believed to have formed three active cells with the intention of carrying out attacks on policemen, soldiers and military and police installations.
- Egyptian Army Kill 13 Militants in Troubled Sinai OSINT SUMMARY, May 24, 2016 Egyptian forces killed 13 militants during raids […]
- Egypt Destroys 20 Tunnels Linking Gaza To Sinai Peninsula In November Egyptian Army on Monday announced its success in closing and destroying 20 entrances […]
- Egyptian Army Kill 14 Terrorists in Central Sinai Operation Egyptian army in an operation conducted in central Sinai left 14 terrorists killed […]
- Suicide Bombers Strike Cairo, Egypt, Friday, Intelligence Report Suicide bombers struck twice today in Egypt's South Sinai, killing at least one soldier […]
- 103 Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis Terrorists Killed and 17 Army Troops Die in Sinai Egypt Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis terror group conducted terror attacks against Egyptian military […]
- ISIL and Sinai Province Planning a Coordinated Offensive Against Both Israel and Egypt. Intelligence collected by SIS have established that ISIL and its Egyptian affiliate – […]
- Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood Supreme Leader, Mohamed Badie Sentenced To Life in Prison OSINT SUMMARY An Egyptian court sentenced Muslim Brotherhood’s Supreme […]
- Somalia Police Scale Up Security Measures in Jowhar Event Summary Somalia government police and soldiers launched an operation in […]