Thursday 9, June 2016, Chad has deployed troops to the neighbouring Niger to help eliminate Boko Haram insurgents.
Chad on Tuesday sent 2,000 troops to help prepare a counter-attack the insurgents in Niger’s town of Bosso.
The deployed troop’s main goal is to flush of the insurgent group in Eastern Niger after they took over the town a deadly clash over the weekend.
The troops’ agenda is to flush out the insurgent group in Eastern Niger after they took over the town in a deadly clash over the weekend.
According to Nigerien President Mahamadou Issoufou, the troops are determined to avenge the deaths of their fellow soldiers and ensure victory against the insurgents wreaking havoc in the region.
About 30 Niger soldiers perished from the clashes including two Nigerian soldiers.
Boko Haram which pledged allegiance to Middle East-base Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL/Daesh) seeks to establish an Islamic state adhering to strict Sharia law.
- Nigerian Army Thwarts Boko Haram Attack, Kill 5 Islamists in Maiduguri OSINT SUMMARY At least five Boko Haram Islamists reportedly an attack in the […]
- EU Sign 50 Million Euros Agreement to Help Multi-national Force against Boko Haram OSINT SUMMARY The European Union has signed a 50 million Euro agreement […]
- Cameroonian Army Kill 27 Boko Haram Terrorists Killed in Ambush OSINT SUMMARY 27 Boko Haram terrorists were on Wednesday reportedly killed by […]
- Nigerian Army Kill Several Boko Haram Militants; Recaptures Mallam Fatori, Key NE Stronghold OSNT SUMMARY Nigerian Army troops have recaptured a key remote town in […]
- Asymmetric War, Niger Army Operations Against Boko Haram DIFFA, Niger, March 10, 016 The national guard of Niger continues with patrols […]
- West African Countries To Set Joint Anti-extremist Force EVENT SUMMARY June 7, 2016, West African leaders resolved to set up a joint […]
- Boko Haram Terrorist Group seen Weakening in Cameroon Boko Haram has drastically scaled down attacks in Cameroon in the recent months, […]
- Two Guinean UN Peacekeepers Killed in Attack in Northern Mali EVENT SUMMARY BAMAKO, 12th February 2016 Two Guinean peacekeepers were killed in […]