An Al-Shabaab commander was on Sunday afternoon killed in an airstrike by a drone strike near Barawe town in Lower Shabelle region.
According to local officials in Barawe, the raid which targeted Al-Shabaab convoy killed a senior militant commander.
The drone strike hit the Shebab convoy between Kunyo-barow and Barawe where Al-Shabaab militia a senior commander was killed alongside several fighters.
Security sources in Mogadishu confirmed of the air raid that killed the terror commander who they identified as Ibrahim Haji Daud.
Daud is perceived to have led Al-Shabab’s intelligence unit known as Amniyaat.
Humiliated Al-Shabaab has not yet commented on the airstrike and the said death of terror commander.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- KDF Conducts Airstrikes in Badhaadhe Lower Jubba Region; Kill Abuu Hasaan, Amniyaat Operative KDF conducted air raids in in Badhaadhe area, Lower Jubba Region of Somalia killing […]
- KDF Airstrikes Destroy Al-Shabaab Tulabarwaqo & Kabis Bases, Kill Dozens Including Two Mid-level Commanders Kenya Defense Forces (KDF) on 13/5/2017 night and morning hours of 14/5/2017 conducted […]
- Senior Al-Shabaab Commander Surrender to Somali Government Troops in Beledweyne Town A senior Al-Shabaab commander handed himself up to Somali Government troops in […]
- 14 Al-Shabaab Operatives Killed after Attempt to Attack KDF Camp KDF-army soldiers killed 14 Al-Shabaab operatives after a botched attack on their […]
- Unidentified Helicopters Raid Kills 11 Al-Shabaab Militants in Awdhegle, Somalia SOMALIA, March 9, 2016 Latest reports from Somalia indicate that unidentified attack […]
- KDF Jets Pound on Al-Shabaab Logistics Base at Kulbiyow location near Bardera Latest military intelligence reports indicate that Kenyan troops (KDF) serving under […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]