Al least 78 of all 80 people kidnapped by the Taliban militant group in Afghanistan’s northern province of Faryab have been freed by the Afghan Nation Police (ANP).
The 80 Afghans were travelling on two buses in Qaramqol district on Sunday evening (7th February 2016) when Taliban Takfiris raided their vehicles and a took them as captives Afghan National Police (ANP) confirmed in their statement.
Police immediately responded with an operation to free the hostages. According to a local police official, the raid saw 78 being freed and only two individuals remained in Taliban captivity.
Faryab is one of the troubled provinces in northern Afghanistan where anti-government militant groups are involved in acts of terror, including the kidnapping of civilians.
Afghan forces have been engaged in military operations across the country to end the Taliban-led militancy and violence which has been witnessed in the country for more than 14 years.
- Afghan Forces Retake Key District in Takhar From Taliban Militants OSINT SUMMARY Afghan security forces managed to regain control of strategic […]
- Islamic State & Taliban Takfiris Clashes Leaves 13 Militants Killed in Afghanistan EVENT SUMMARY Over a dozen Takfiris were killed when rival factions between […]
- Gun Battle Siege Continues at Indian Consulate in Afghan City OSINT SUMMARY 4th January 2016, Latest reports from Afghanistan indicate that gun […]
- 27 Militants Killed in Afghan Intensified Airstrikes & Ground Offensive OSINT SUMMARY KABUL, February 10, 2016, a total of 27 militants have been killed in […]
- Afghan Special Forces Retake Kunduz and Kill 150 Taliban Militants Thursday 1st October 2015 in a statement released by Afghanistan’s Ministry of Defense, […]
- 139 Taliban Takfiri Militants Slain Across Afghanistan in Recent Offensives OSINT SUMMARY Latest military reports indicate that at least 139 members of the […]
- Taliban Suicide Bomber Kills 12 in NW Pakistan Officials in northwestern Pakistan say a suspected suicide blast Tuesday killed at least […]
- Two Terrorists Linked To Islamic State Gunned Down by Egyptian Police in Cairo EVENT SUMMARY Two terrorists were on Wednesday 3rd February 2016 gunned down in a […]