Angola has received delivery of four Mi-171 from Russian Helicopters. The aircrafts are part of a $1 billion deal with Russia and are the armed variant of the transport helicopter.
Russian Helicopters on March 24, 2016 announced that the delivery was part of a long partnership with Angola.
Angola received a similar batch of four helicopters last year (2015) after being built at the Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant (UUAZ).
- Mi-171Sh helicoptershave been tested in different weather conditions and various geographical locations. Proved to be reliable and under demanding.
- The helicopters are capable of fulfilling set of tasks under harshest conditions.
- Fitted with modern flight control and navigation equipment, that is, satellite navigation and weather radars, according to Russian Helicopters.
- Advantageous as an additional internal fuel tanks allows range to be increased to 1 065 kilometres can be installed.
- The aircraft are equipped with a rescue hoist with a capacity of 300 kilograms, searchlight, folding seats, 12 stretchers and an external sling able to transport loads weighing up to 4 tonnes.
- Night vision goggles can be used with the aircraft.