US President, Donald Trump lauded Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari effort of combating Boko Haram and subsequently effort that saw 24 Chibok girls abducted by the terror group being rescued.
In a telephone call to Buhari, Trump assured him of his support and commitment in helping Nigeria and the region combat and defeat terror insurgents.
The two leaders discussed ways to improve cooperation in the fight against the Islamic State-affiliated Boko Haram that has dogged Nigeria for years.
Trump assured Buhari that his administration is ready to cut a new deal in healping Nigeria in terms of military weapons to combat terrorism.
In a statement read by Buhari’s spokesperson Femi Adesina, President Trump invited Buhari to Washington at a mutually convenient time.
Buhari becomes the second African leader to speak with US president Donald Trump after Egypt’s Al-Sisi.
Trump is also expected to hold talk with South Africa’s Jacob Zuma according to Pentagon sources.
- Trump, Uhuru Phone Call; Terrorism, Trade Feature in their Talk Tuesday 7/3/2017 evening, U.S. President Donald Trump spoke with Kenya’s […]
- U.S. Pledge Support For Nigeria To Fight Islamic State Affiliated Boko Haram KEY HIGHLIGHT Nigeria based militant group Boko Haram continues to wage […]
- Nigeria Govt Face Pressure to Rescue Girls Kidnapped by Boko Haram 1,000 Days Ago Pressure is mounting on Nigerian govt to rescue the kidnapped school girls by the […]
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel Visit Mali, Niger; Discuss Security & Development German chancellor Angela Merkel on Monday 10th October 2016 visited Mali and Niger […]
- U.S. To Give $40 Million to Countries Battling with Boko Haram Insurgency OSINT SUMMARY, April 20, 2016 U.S. has pledged to give $40 million in […]
- West African Countries To Set Joint Anti-extremist Force EVENT SUMMARY June 7, 2016, West African leaders resolved to set up a joint […]
- Islamic State Announces Abu Musab al-Barnawi New Boko Haram Emir, Shekau Insists He is Still In-charge The Middle East based Islamic State on Wednesday3rd August 2016 in an audio released […]
- U.S. Department of State Updates Nigeria Travel Warning The Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to Nigeria and […]