A student at Kabarak University was last week arrested over terror links. The student was apprehended in Jaldesa, Marsabit County and will be in custody for 14 days as investigation continues.
A Marsabit court allowed the police to detain the suspect identified as Javan Morton Murai, alias Jamal who was arrested en-route to Somalia allegedly to join Al-Shabaab terrorist group.
According to Marsabit County Criminal Investigations Officer Bernard Barasa, the 27-year-old suspect was arrested by rangers and Administration Police officers at a borehole in the Jaldesa Community Conservancy.
Initial police investigation point out that the suspect who hails from Vihiga County, was heading to Somalia to link up with his friends who had joined the Al Qaeda affiliated Al-Shabaab terrorist group.
Materials used to make explosive devices, a hard drive, several identity cards; a modem and notebook that contained jihadist information on how to destroy buildings with IEDs were confiscated from the suspect.
The court directed that he be produced in court after 14 days.
- Al-Shabaab Beheading Kenyan Jihadists Accused of ‘Spying’ KEY HIGHLIGHTS The Somali based Al-Shabaab killing Kenyan jihadists, […]
- Anti-Terror Police Intercept Students in Isiolo En-route to Somalia to Join Al-Shabaab Police initial investigation on three students arrested by Anti-Terror Police Unit […]
- Terror Suspect Arrested En-route Somalia Held in Mandera A Mandera court allowed Anti-Terror Police Unit (ATPU) to hold a terror suspect for […]
- Five Terror Suspects Arrested in Wajir En-route to Somalia OSINT SUMMARY Kenya police intercepted and arrested five men in Wajir as they […]
- Worrying: Assistant Chief in Kwale County Charged For Aiding Somali Terrorist Acquire Kenyan Identity Card An assistant chief in Kwale County was arraigned and charged in court for helping a […]
- 3 Suspected Al-Shabaab Financiers Arrested by ATPU in Malindi Three of six suspected Al-Shabaab arrested by Anti-Terrorism Police (ATPU) in Shella […]
- Garissa University Triumphs Two Years Since Al-Shabaab Attack Sunday 2/4/2017 marked two year-anniversary since the Islamist terrorist group […]
- Anti-Terror Detectives Arrest 85 Terror Suspects in Nairobi’s Eastleigh and Mombasa Police in anti-terror swoop arrested 85 terrorist suspects in Nairobi’s Easleigh and in […]