Uganda’s president Museveni ordered the immediate evacuation of all Ugandan citizens in South Sudan.
In UPDF’s Defence and army spokesman Lt. Col. Paddy Ankunda confirmed the president’s order through his twitter feed.
Lt. Col. Paddy Ankunda also briefed media on situation in South Sudan stressing on the government decision to send UPDF soldiers to the war-torn South Sudan to evacuate people trapped.
Lt. Col. Ankunda emphasized that Uganda is not deploying UPDF to stay in South Sudan but only for an evacuation mission only whereby they are expected to protect and evacuate Ugandans who are in thousands.
- South Sudan President Salva Kiir Rushes to Kampala for Talks with Museveni, Machar Fails to Return to Juba Following the recent clashes in South Sudan, the country’s embattled President […]
- Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni Urges South Sudan’s Rivals to End War Uganda's President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has asked rival groups in […]
- Security in Mogadishu Somalia Scaled Up Ahead of Regional Summit OSINT SUMMARY Security in Somalia’s capital Mogadishu and its environs […]
- Heavily Armed Ugandan Military Convoy Enters South Sudan to Evacuate Citizens Heavily armed Ugandan troops have entered South Sudan on Thursday 14th July 2016 to […]
- Security Heightened in Mogadishu as Somalia Set to Host IGAD Summit OSINT SUMMARY Security has been heightened up in Mogadishu as Somalia is set […]
- Escalating War in South Sudan Could Lead to Refugees Influx in Uganda UN has warned of the escalating war in South Sudan could see more refugees flee to […]
- South Sudan Refugees Pour in Numbers into Northern Uganda In Summary Following the recent conflict witnessed in South Sudan, refugees […]
- Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni Calls for Peace in South Sudan OSINT SUMMARY Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni called on leaders in war torn […]