U.S. Navy’s Carrier Strike Group One makes its rounds through the Korean Peninsula ready with the Nimitz class Carl Vinson aircraft carrier flanked by two destroyers and a guided missile cruiser. Vinson will continue practicing helicopter landings with Japan’s Maritime Self Defense Force. Vinson can hoist as many as 90 fixed wing aircraft and choppers, Fox News notes.
This move is aimed at taming North Korea that has been conducting some sort of ballistic missile or nuclear launch, an event very likely as the country approaches a few key anniversaries this month.
The Japanese MSDF could conduct helicopter and communication drills with the US Navy’s first carrier strike group as cited in open sources.
U.S. President Donald Trump expressed hope after meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping that Beijing could help "solve the North Korea problem"
- U.S., South Korea, Japan & China To Cooperate Against North Korea Nuclear Tests United States, China, South Korea and Japan united against North Korea Nuclear Tests, […]
- North Korea Test-fires Missile in Latest Provocation North Korea on Monday test-fired a missile into Japan’s maritime economic zone in what […]
- North Korea Fire 3 Ballistic Missiles into Japan Sea as G-20 Summit Continue in China OSINT SUMMARY North Korea in what seems as a provocative move, fire three […]
- North Korea Fires Ballistic Missiles, U.S. Terms the Move ‘Provocative’ NORTH KOREA, March 18, 2016 United States has raised a red flag over North […]
- UN Security Council Condemns Pyongyang on Latest Missile Launch OSINT SUMMARY United Nation Security Council (UNSC) at last has spoken on […]
- UN Vows to Increase Sanctions against North Korea over Latest Ballistic Missile Test The UN Security Council (UNSC) on Monday strongly condemned the latest ballistic missile […]
- U.S. Intervene Militarily To Train African Forces On Combating Terror OSINT SUMMARY U.S. Commander for Special Operations Command Africa Brigadier […]
- U.S B-1 Bombers Conduct Drills with ROK Jets amid Tensions U.S strategic bombers have conducted air force drills with South Korean fighter jets […]