Security forces has killed 45 PKK terrorists over the past week, the Turkish General Staff said in a statement released Friday.
The raid also saw assortment of ammunition and contraband seized in the country’s eastern and southeastern provinces.
The military operations took place between May 18-25 in Turkey’s southeastern Sirnak, Hakkari, Diyarbakir provinces as well as Erzurum and Ardahan provinces in the northeast.
Firearms and ammunition, including three rocket-propelled grenades and over 100 kilograms of TNT were recovered in operations.
Also about 2,000 kilograms of ammonium nitrate — an ingredient used in making explosives — were also seized. Over 60,000 packs of smuggled cigarettes were also found.
Turkish forces also run down at least 26 shelters and ammunition depots used by PKK terrorists.
In a later statement, the military said airstrikes on the border between the eastern provinces of Van and Agri killed 20 PKK terrorists on Thursday night. Later same night, another jet raid saw nine militants felled.
Jets targeted terrorists around Mount Tendurek, which lies close to the Iranian frontier, shortly after 9 p.m. local time (1900GMT).
- Turkish Fighter Jets Strikes PKK Targets in Turkey & Northern Iraq Sunday 4th October 2015, Turkish fighter jets carried out airstrikes on PKK […]
- Security Forces Kill 2 PKK Terrorists in Eastern Turkey OSINT SUMMARY Open source intelligence reports indicate that two PKK […]
- Turkish Fighter Jets Kill 16 PKK Terrorists in Southeast Turkish Air Force conducted several air raids in the last 24 hours killing 16 PKK […]
- Russia Warplanes Precision Strikes Hit ISIL Training Camp & Strategic Command Center Beginning Wednesday and now Friday 2nd October 2015, Russian Su-34 warplanes […]
- Turkey Intensify Military Operations against PKK in Northern Iraq KEY HIGHLIGHTS Turkish Special Forces have crossed over into northern […]
- Saudi Warplanes Arrive in Turkish Incirlik Airbase OSINT SUMMARY Latest military reports indicate that Saudi fighter jets have been […]
- Turkish Army Intensify Crackdown on Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) OSINT SUMMARY Monday 22nd February 2016, Turkey’s military announced that it had […]
- 11 PKK Takfiri Militants Arrested in Western Turkey OSINT SUMMARY Eleven PKK militants were arrested by Turkish authorities in […]