Turkey on Friday 29th January 2016 claimed of airspace violation by Russian warplanes.
According to Turkey’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs through a statement released on Saturday said Russian war craft (SU-34 fighter-bomber) violated Turkish airspace yesterday (Jan. 29, 2016) at 11.46 a.m. local time in Turkey [0946 GMT],”.
Citing that occurrence Turkish has stepped it security to ‘orange alert’ in its key bases around the country, military sources have confirmed.
NATO also confirmed the violation and asked Russia to act responsibly and to fully respect NATO airspace.
Speaking to reporters at Istanbul Ataturk Airport before his departure for Chile, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned Russia saying “Russia will have to bear the consequences if the violations continue,”
Ankara summoned the Russian ambassador to the foreign ministry on Friday to “strongly protest and condemn” the violation; Russia however denied Turkey’s airspace violation.
In late November 2015, Turkey downed two Russian fighter jets over the same claims.
- Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan Vows to Fight Terrorism Following the Deadly Ankara Attack Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan ANKARA Turkey, March 14, […]
- Turkey Warplanes Pounds Kurdish Positions after Ankara Bombing ANKARA Turkey, March 15, 2016 Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan […]
- NATO Troops & Afghan Air Force Destroy ISIL’s Afghan Radio Station, 46 Militants Killed EVENT SUMMARY 3rd February 2016, Recent military reports from Afghan’s Defence […]
- Turkish Armed Forces (TAM) Stage Military Coup in Turkey, Government Still in Control A Tense atmosphere overhangs the Turkish capital and cities, […]
- Ankara Female Attacker Identified as YPG-trained PKK Fighter ANKARA Turkey, March 16, 2016 Ankara Sunday attack reports continues to […]
- Turkish Forces Killed 3,000 Islamic State in Syria and Iraq, President Erdogan Says OSINT SUMMARY Turkey’s President Tayyip Erdogan on Wednesday 11th May […]
- Saudi Warplanes Arrive in Turkish Incirlik Airbase OSINT SUMMARY Latest military reports indicate that Saudi fighter jets have been […]
- Turkey Says Ready to Pay Compensation for Downed Russian Jet in Syria OSINT SUMMARY In a move aimed at reaching out Russia, Turkey said is ready to […]