At least sixteen Taliban terrorists including the shadow governor of the extremist group for northeastern Takhar province were killed in an airstrike in northern Kunduz province.
Kunduz police in a statement confirmed the air raid was carried out on Monday evening in the vicinity of Dasht-e-Archi district.
According to the statement, the air raid targeted insurgents in Pul-e-Moman area of Dasht-e-Archi, leaving Taliban’s shadow governor Qari Tayeb dead along with at least 15 insurgents.
Kunduz is among the relatively volatile provinces in northern Afghanistan where the Taliban insurgents are actively operating in its various districts and often conduct insurgency activities.
- U.S. Drone Strike Kills 7 Extremists in Paktia Province, Afghanistan US drone strikes reportedly has killed seven (7) extremists in Paktia province, […]
- US Drone Strike Kills Dozens Taliban Militants in Afghanistan At least five militants militants linked to Taliban were on Saturday night killed by US […]
- Turkish Air Raids Kills 4 PKK Terrorists, Destroy their Shelters in Diyarbakir Province Turkish air raids reportedly has left four PKK terrorists killed and their shelters […]
- Two Taliban Commanders among 11 Terrorists Killed in Helmand Airstrike Thursday 23/2/2017, at least 11 Taliban terrorists were killed in an airstrike […]
- Afghanistan Security Forces Foil A Taliban Attack in Laghman OSINT SUMMARY Afghan security forces have thwarted an assault by Taliban militants […]
- Afghan Police Operation Rescue 78 Afghans Taken Hostage By Taliban Takfiris OSINT SUMMARY Al least 78 of all 80 people kidnapped by the Taliban militant […]
- Airstrike in Helmand Leaves Taliban 6 Militants Dead, 4 Others Injured At least six insurgents were killed in an airstrike in southern Helmand province of […]
- Turkish Air Force kills 11 PKK terrorists in Sirnak Province Eleven PKK terrorists were killed in Turkish air raids conducted in southeastern […]