At least sixteen Taliban terrorists including the shadow governor of the extremist group for northeastern Takhar province were killed in an airstrike in northern Kunduz province.
Kunduz police in a statement confirmed the air raid was carried out on Monday evening in the vicinity of Dasht-e-Archi district.
According to the statement, the air raid targeted insurgents in Pul-e-Moman area of Dasht-e-Archi, leaving Taliban’s shadow governor Qari Tayeb dead along with at least 15 insurgents.
Kunduz is among the relatively volatile provinces in northern Afghanistan where the Taliban insurgents are actively operating in its various districts and often conduct insurgency activities.
- US Drone Strike Kills Dozens Taliban Militants in Afghanistan At least five militants militants linked to Taliban were on Saturday night killed by US […]
- Two Taliban Commanders among 11 Terrorists Killed in Helmand Airstrike Thursday 23/2/2017, at least 11 Taliban terrorists were killed in an airstrike […]
- Afghanistan Security Forces Foil A Taliban Attack in Laghman OSINT SUMMARY Afghan security forces have thwarted an assault by Taliban militants […]
- Afghan Police Operation Rescue 78 Afghans Taken Hostage By Taliban Takfiris OSINT SUMMARY Al least 78 of all 80 people kidnapped by the Taliban militant […]
- Turkish Air Force kills 11 PKK terrorists in Sirnak Province Eleven PKK terrorists were killed in Turkish air raids conducted in southeastern […]
- More PKK Terrorists Killed in Air Raids in Eastern Turkey The number of PKK terrorists killed in air raids in Turkey’s eastern province […]
- 27 Militants Killed in Afghan Intensified Airstrikes & Ground Offensive OSINT SUMMARY KABUL, February 10, 2016, a total of 27 militants have been killed in […]
- U.S. Drone Strikes Kill 25 Islamic State Terrorists in Eastern Afghanistan EVENT SUMMARY Afghan military reports indicate that more than two dozen Islamic […]