Political rift continues to widen in the world’s youngest nation with South Sudan President Salva Kiir on Tuesday sacking six ministers allied to his rival Riek Machar.
President Kiir fires the ministers of interior, petroleum, higher education, labour, water as well as lands and housing in a statement read out on state-run television.
The president then filled the vacant ministerial posts people linked to a breakaway faction of Machar’s SPLM-IO party further provoking divisions.
The move by Kiir has received condemnation from Machar’s faction saying the replacements are illegal and against the provisions of the August 2015 peace agreement.
Forces Loyal to President Kiir clashed with Machar;s forces in Juba. Machar whose current location is not known has since been replaced as First Vice President with his former negotiator Taban Deng Gai.
The situation in South Sudan remains shaky; IGAD is scheduled to meet in Addis Ababa Ethiopia to discuss the recent conflict in Juba which has left thousands displaced.
- African Union (AU) Calls on New South Sudan FVP General Taban Deng Gai to Step Down The African Union (AU) Peace and Security Council (PSC) has called on the newly […]
- South Sudan’s Vice President Deng Gai Urges Refugees to Return Home The First Vice President of South Sudan, Taban Deng Gai, has encouraged displaced […]
- South Sudan Agrees Additional Deployment of UN Peacekeepers OSINT SUMMARY Reports from South Sudan indicate that the government on Sunday […]
- South Sudan Rejects UN Deployment of Regional Troops in Juba JUBA, August 11, 2016 The situation in South Sudan remains shaky after the […]
- Sudan Govt Disclose Former S. Sudan Vice President Riek Machar in Khartoum for Medical Attention OSINT SUMMARY Since the conflict between forces loyal President of South […]
- Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni Calls for Peace in South Sudan OSINT SUMMARY Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni called on leaders in war torn […]
- South Sudan Conflict, Combating Terrorism Tops President Uhuru Kenyatta & U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry Discussion Monday 22nd August 2016, President Kenyatta and US Secretary of State John Kerry have […]
- Kenya Ask Help from France to Secure Regional Peace & Stability OSINT SUMMARY President Uhuru Kenyatta has called on France to support […]