South Sudanese Rival Factions Clash in Bieh State
February 16, 2017 Fresh clashes erupted between South Sudanese rival factions in the country’s newly created Bieh State.
According Governor of Bieh State, Moses Majok, referenced by open sources, a brief fight ensued between pro-government forces (SPLA) and the armed opposition forces (SPLM-IO in Patuet, Bieh State.
It took government army’s intervention to dislodge the rebels from Yuai. Yuai is the headquarters of Bieh state and a stronghold of the white army, that is, a group of youth allied to the SPLM-IO loyal to Riek Machar.
“The government forces are now in Yuai, but there was no big fighting”, Majok told Sudan Tribune by phone from Juba.
Reports indicate that SPLA-IO forces who defected from Yuai and came to Patuet, where they declared themselves to be government soldiers.
On Wednesday, February 15, 2017, SPLA-IO from Yuai came and attacked them citing betrayal though they were defeated forcing them to retreat.
Government troops now in Yuai, and in full control of Bieh State.
- South Sudan Army (SPLA) Refute Report of Ongoing Fighting around Juba Claimed by Rival Army (SPLA-IO) EVENT SUMMARY In the past few days, opposition army loyal to the former First […]
- Sudan Threatens to Close Border if Juba Fails to Expel Rebels OSINT SUMMARY Sudanese government on Sunday 18th September 2016 threatened […]
- U.S. Accuse South Sudan Govt of Aiding Armed Opposition in Khartoum U.S. has accused South Sudan’s government of continuous harbouring and aiding […]
- S. Sudan Rebel Leader Riek Machar under House Arrest in Pretoria, South Africa South Sudanese rebel leader Riek Machar who left Juba a couple of months ago is being […]
- Fresh Fighting Erupts in South Sudan, over 50 Killed in Clash near Malakal Fresh fighting has been report in South Sudan between government forces and […]
- Tribal Clashes Escalates in Darfur South Sudan, 16 Killed & 9 Injured EVENT SUMMARY DARFUR, South Sudan: Fresh Tribal clashes that erupted on Sunday 21st […]
- South Sudan President Kiir Says No Decision Reached on UNSC Force Deployment OSINT SUMMARY South Sudan’s President Salva Kiir has said that no […]
- Renewed Fighting Between South Sudan Army and Unknown Gunmen Leaves 20 Killed At least 20 people have reportedly been killed and 10 others wounded inn renewed […]