February 16, 2017 Fresh clashes erupted between South Sudanese rival factions in the country’s newly created Bieh State.
According Governor of Bieh State, Moses Majok, referenced by open sources, a brief fight ensued between pro-government forces (SPLA) and the armed opposition forces (SPLM-IO in Patuet, Bieh State.
It took government army’s intervention to dislodge the rebels from Yuai. Yuai is the headquarters of Bieh state and a stronghold of the white army, that is, a group of youth allied to the SPLM-IO loyal to Riek Machar.
“The government forces are now in Yuai, but there was no big fighting”, Majok told Sudan Tribune by phone from Juba.
Reports indicate that SPLA-IO forces who defected from Yuai and came to Patuet, where they declared themselves to be government soldiers.
On Wednesday, February 15, 2017, SPLA-IO from Yuai came and attacked them citing betrayal though they were defeated forcing them to retreat.
Government troops now in Yuai, and in full control of Bieh State.
- South Sudan Army (SPLA) Refute Report of Ongoing Fighting around Juba Claimed by Rival Army (SPLA-IO) EVENT SUMMARY In the past few days, opposition army loyal to the former First […]
- Sudan Threatens to Close Border if Juba Fails to Expel Rebels OSINT SUMMARY Sudanese government on Sunday 18th September 2016 threatened […]
- U.S. Accuse South Sudan Govt of Aiding Armed Opposition in Khartoum U.S. has accused South Sudan’s government of continuous harbouring and aiding […]
- S. Sudan Rebel Leader Riek Machar under House Arrest in Pretoria, South Africa South Sudanese rebel leader Riek Machar who left Juba a couple of months ago is being […]
- Fresh Fighting Erupts in South Sudan, over 50 Killed in Clash near Malakal Fresh fighting has been report in South Sudan between government forces and […]
- Sudan Armed Rebels Release over 130 Army Captives Armed Sudanese rebel group on Saturday said it released more than 130 army […]
- Tribal Clashes Escalates in Darfur South Sudan, 16 Killed & 9 Injured EVENT SUMMARY DARFUR, South Sudan: Fresh Tribal clashes that erupted on Sunday 21st […]
- South Sudan President Kiir Says No Decision Reached on UNSC Force Deployment OSINT SUMMARY South Sudan’s President Salva Kiir has said that no […]