June 15, 2016, Somali President fired chief spy of the National Intelligence and Security Agency (NISA), Abdirahman Mohamed Tuurayre.
Tuurayre was officially removed from his post via a presidential decree on Tuesday 14th June 2016 as part of major reshuffle aimed at reforming the security institution.
Tuurayre has been replaced by Abdullahi Gafow Mohamud who is currently the director of Immigration as the interim acting head of NISA on an acting capacity.
The new spy chief has worked various roles within the General Intelligence department before he was promoted to serve as the military court chief by President Mohamud in 2014.
He becomes the fifth head of NISA since Hassan Sheikh Mohamud became Somalia’s president in 2012.
- Somali Military Court Sentences Two to Life Imprisonment for Daallo Airline Attack OSINT SUMMARY A Somali-based military court today 30th May 2016 has […]
- Somalia’s President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud Lauds Government Forces for CT-Operations against Islamists Al-Shabaab The president of the federal government of Somalia lauded Somali forces for their […]
- Somali Say it’s Ready To Receive Dadaab Refugees OSINT SUMMARY Somalia President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud on Monday 6th June 2016 […]
- President Hassan Visits Military Barracks in Kismayo, Meet Military Generals Somalia President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud visited military barracks in […]
- Al-Shabaab Terrorist Arrested On-Board a United Nation’s (UN) Vehicle 1st December 2015, Kenya's Anti-Terror Police Unit arrested a most wanted terrorist and […]
- President Hassan Sheikh Praises Burundi Contribution on the War Against Al-Shabaab in Somalia SOMALIA, March 18, 2016 President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud lauded […]
- Grandmother and Six Children Torched in Inter-clan Clashes in Jeebe Village, Marka, Somalia MARKA Somalia, April 20, 2016 Unknown gunmen torched a family of seven in […]
- Moderate Islamists Ahlu SunnaWal Jamea Retain Control of Dhusamareb Town DHUSAMAREB, Somalia March 3, 2016 Wednesday, after deadly clashes that broke out on […]