The official identified as Abdirahman Aflershe was killed when a bomb planted to his car exploded in Waberi district of Mogadishu.
Aflershe has been working with local government in Mogadishu, according to the security forces reports.
No group claimed the responsibility for the Tuesday’s killings but Al-Qaeda linked Al-Shabaab are always behind such vicious attacks, having committed similar attacks in the past targeting government officials, Somali police, SNA and AMISOM security forces.
On Monday 27/2/2017, the Islamist Al-Shabaab in a suicide attack targeted SNA forces manning a checkpoint in the outskirt of Mogadishu.
Earlier this week, speaking to pro-Al-Shabaab media, the Al-Shabaab’s spokesman Ali Mohamoud Rage also called (Ali Dhere) vowed that group will increase attacks on Somali’s capital, Mogadishu.
- Somalia Police Scale Up Security Measures in Jowhar Event Summary Somalia government police and soldiers launched an operation in […]
- Heightened Security: AMISOM Forces with Somali Police, Intensify Patrols in Mogadishu Events Tuesday, car bomb kills two and leaves four injured in […]
- Four SNA Soldiers Injured in Mogadishu Car Bomb Explosion A car fitted with explosives blew up a security checkpoint in the outskirts of Somali […]
- Car Bomb Blast Kill One, Wounds Five Outside Hotel in Mogadishu Friday 24/3/2017, a car bomb believed to be detonated by a suicide bomber exploded […]
- Death Toll Hits 25 in Recent Car Bomb in Mogadishu Market, 10 Al-Shabab Suspects Arrested Death toll has risen to 25 in the recent car bomb that hit a market in Somali’s […]
- NISA Forces Conducts Security Sweep in Mogadishu, Somalia National Intelligence and Security Agency NISA) forces carried out a success […]
- Somali Police Seize Abandoned Explosives-laden Vehicle in Hamarweyne, Mogadishu OSINT SUMMARY Reports from Somalia indicate that police managed to seize an […]
- 30 Civilians Killed in Al-Shabaab Militant’s Twin Blasts, Scores Injured in SYL Hotel, Mogadishu EVENT SUMMARY Friday 26th February 2016 evening, Al-Shabaab gunmen forced their […]