Thursday 25th February 2016, Latest military reports from Somalia indicate that a military court in Somali’s capital Mogadishu has sentenced six Al-Shabaab members to different terms in prison and one to a death penalty.
Abdirisack Mohamed Barrow was sentenced to death penalty after he was found guilty of a bomb that killed Somali female journalist Hindiye Hajji Mohamed.
According to Mohamed Shute the chairman of Somali military tribunal, three militants got a life imprisonment while the other two were given five years jail term.
The court said the six Al-Shabaab operatives collaborated in the killing of Hindiya Hajji, a female journalist who was working for the state-run media.
Hindiya Hajji was killed in a bomb fitted into her car in Mogadishu.
- Somalia Police Scale Up Security Measures in Jowhar Event Summary Somalia government police and soldiers launched an operation in […]
- Somalia Court Sentences 5 Al-Shabaab Militants to Death Over Terror Attacks in Baidoa, Somalia MOGADISHU Somalia, March 14, 2016 A Somalia court sentenced five Al-Shabaab […]
- 30 Civilians Killed in Al-Shabaab Militant’s Twin Blasts, Scores Injured in SYL Hotel, Mogadishu EVENT SUMMARY Friday 26th February 2016 evening, Al-Shabaab gunmen forced their […]
- KDF Convoy Ambushed By Al-Shabaab Militants Between Qoqani and Afmadow in Somalia EVENT SUMMARY Somali based militant group Al-Shabaab ambushed a KDF convoy […]
- AU and & SNA Forces Kill 10 Al-Shabaab Militants in Hudur, Somalia EVENT SUMMARY Military reports from Somalia indicate that AU and SNA forces joint […]
- Somalia Former Defence Minister Killed in Mogadishu Blast OSINT SUMMARY Latest reports from Somalia indicate that, ex- defence minister was on […]
- Al-Shabaab Suicide Vehicle-Borne Improvised Explosive Device (SVBIED) Surge Foretells Strategy EVENTS SUMMARY On 22 August 2015 Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen's Istishhadyin […]
- Suicide Bombing Masterminds Arrested in Security Operation in Baidoa, Somalia BAIDOA Somalia, March 12, 2016 Southwest State security forces intensified […]