Rwandan government has denies claims that it has been supporting rebels in order to oust Burundi’s President, Pierre Nkurunziza and his government.
Rwandan government dismissed charges that it supports rebels in neighbouring Burundi by providing training, financial and logistical support to cause violence and forcibly remove President Nkurunziza from power.
In a new report says Rwanda continues supporting rebels since the beginning of this year contradicting findings from Western officials who in the recent moths have said Rwanda ceased supporting Burundian rebels last year.
Burundi plunged into violence after Nkurunziza announced his third bid to be president of Burundi. The announcement caused displeasure from the opposition.
However, Nkurunziaza won the election, his opponent tried a coup but it failed. The 29 people involved in the coup plot have been jailed by the Burundian Supreme court.
- 9 Burundi Coup Plotters Escape Life Sentence, Receive 30-Year Jail Terms EVENT SUMMARY Burundi Supreme Court on Monday 9th May 2016 slapped life […]
- Burundi-Rwanda Diplomatic Row, Worsening BUJUMBURA Burundi, March 13, 2016 Diplomatic relations between Burundi and […]
- Burundi, DRC Urge UN To Take Action Against Rwanda; Recruiting And Arming Burundian Rebels Highlights: Burundi and Democratic Republic of Congo through a letter to UN Security […]
- EU Suspends Direct Financial Aid To Burundi March 15, 2016: The European Union (EU) has suspended all direct financial support to […]
- Burundi Presidential Spokesman Willy Nyamitwe, Survives Assassination Attempt A top advisor to Burundi’s President Pierre Nkurunziza on Monday […]
- Retired Burundian Army Colonel Shot Dead Amid Tension in Bujumbura OSINT SUMMARY A Burundian retired army colonel was shot dead and his son […]
- Burundi Expels Rwandan Diplomat Desire Nyaruhirira Over Dissidents Support Burundi Expels Rwandan Diplomat Desire Nyaruhirira Burundi has expelled Rwandan […]
- Burundi’s President Pierre Nkurunziza Condemns Army General’s Killing As Violence Escalates BUJUMBURA Burundi, April 26, 2016 Burundi’s President Pierre Nkurunziza […]