MOSCOW Russia, March 11, 2016
Moscow has confirmed that it will deliver first Russian-made surface-to-air S-300 missile defense systems to Tehran Iran before the end of this year.
According to Sergei Chemezov, the head of Russia’s industrial conglomerate Rostec, the first delivery will be made in August or September 2016.
Last month, Iran’s Defense Minister Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan confirmed that all arrangement have been made to receive delivery of the first batch of S-300 which was expected the first quarter of 2016.
Moscow committed to delivering the systems to Tehran of USD-800-million deal in 2007.
In recent years, Iran has invested hugely in its defense sector and attained self-sufficiency in producing essential military equipment and systems.
- Iran & Russia Plan to Co-produce Sukhoi Su-30 Multirole Fighter Jet MILITARY ACQUISITIONS Iran’s Defence Minister revealed that Tehran and Moscow are […]
- Russia To Deliver S-300 Surface-to-Air Missile Defense Systems To Iran OSINT SUMMARY 15th February 2016, Moscow is set to deliver S-300 missile system to […]
- U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper Says Homegrown Extremists Tops Terrorist Threat List KEY HIGHLIGHTS U.S. Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper has […]
- Russia To Scale Up Air Defenses Near Syrian-Turkey Border OSINT SUMMARY 25th November 2015, Russia which was angered by downing of its fighter […]
- Egyptian Warplanes Bombardment Kill 22 Militants in Restive Sinai Peninsula OSINT SUMMARY March 2, 2016, Military source in Egypt has said that nearly two dozen […]
- Two Guinean UN Peacekeepers Killed in Attack in Northern Mali EVENT SUMMARY BAMAKO, 12th February 2016 Two Guinean peacekeepers were killed in […]
- U.S.-led Coalition 30 Strikes Targets Islamic State Hideouts in Syria & Iraq EVENT SUMMARY Latest military reports from Middle East indicate that Daesh/Islamic […]
- Turkey Warplanes Pounds Kurdish Positions after Ankara Bombing ANKARA Turkey, March 15, 2016 Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan […]