Russian Helicopters Corporation has started the export deliveries of Mi-28NE Night Hunter attack helicopters. The first batch reportedly has been delivered to Algeria.
Russian media has reported that Algeria had ordered 42 helicopters.
The Mi-28NE “Night Hunter” has the following capabilities in missions
- Can provide fire support for forward ground forces;
- Acting as part of the anti-tank reserve;
- Accompanying and supporting tactical airborne assault and airborne assault force units;
- Combating enemy tactical airborne assault forces;
- Combating low-speed, low-altitude airborne targets.