President Barack Obama told a news conference in Berlin Germany that Russia a military superpower with a global reach and remains an important country to Washington.
Obama stressed it U.S. interest to partner with Moscow on ironing out pressing international issues.
“Russia is an important country. It is a military superpower. It has influence in the region and it has influence around the world,” outgoing President Obama said at a joint press conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin on Thursday 17th November 2016.
“And in order for us to solve many big problems around the world, it is in our interest to work with Russia and obtain their cooperation,” he continued, though he did say there are “some significant differences in how Russia views the world and how we view the world.”
President Obama also expressed hope that President-elect Donald Trump who will assume oval office on January 20, 2017 will find areas “where we can cooperate with Russia, where our values and interests align,” while urging him to follow his outgoing administration’s line.
- Israel Orders 17 More F-35 warplanes from US Israel is set to order 17 more US-made F-35 warplanes to take its stealthy of […]
- Russia, India Agree on Joint Works on 5th Generation Fighter – Military Cooperation Russian and India have hinted on joint works on 5th generation fighter. Moscow and […]
- Libyan Commander Visits Russia, Asks for Help Fight ISIL Islamists Terrorists Khalifa Haftar, a Libyan military commander on Tuesday visited Russia […]
- China Joins U.S., Says it Supports U.N. on New Sanctions on North Korea China has expressed support to new U.N. sanctions to be forced on North Korea over […]
- Russia Deployment of Advanced S-400 & S-300PS Air Missile Defense Systems to Crimea OSINT SUMMARY Military report by RIA media and referencing Russia Defense […]
- China & Russia Pledge to Enhance Military Cooperation China and Russia have agreed to enhance their military cooperation. Russian […]
- Russia Military Reconnaissance Drills Starts in Siberia & Far East OSINT SUMMARY Russian military has started drills in six regions of Siberia […]
- U.S. Top Spy James Clapper Resigns U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper on Thursday 17th November 2016 […]