Rebel leader Riek Machar is in Kenya for peace talks.
The South Sudan rebel leader and coup plotter is also to meet his rival President Salva Kiir on Friday where they will talk about peace with President Kenyatta as the middle man.
A cessation of hostilities had been achieved in Ethiopia though keeping it has been marred by intermittent attacks on either side.
Southern Sudan nearly sank into a civil war after Riek Marchar lead a failed coup to overthrow Salva Kiir in Juba.
The failed coup split the military into tribal factions with political leanings.
This has led to a long protracted war which has seen genocide being committed and attacks on United Nations personnel being carried out by the rebels.
- Al-Shabaab Attack SNA-KDF-AMISOM Base in El-Adde, Gedo, Somalia SUMMARY Suicide Bomber detonated an SVBIED at AMISOM camp main entrance SNA Troops […]
- US to Sanction South Sudan Conflicts Sponsors in Days The United States will sanction both sides of the South Sudan conflict in days, […]
- UN Adviser Warns of Looming ‘Genocide’ in South Sudan A United Nations (UN) adviser has warned of a looming genocide in South […]
- Fear, Ceasefire and Peace Talks, Talk in South Sudan Rapid gunfire continue to ricochet in Bentiu, Bor and in villages where the Lou-Nuer […]
- 600 Dead in South Sudan in Riek Machar Attempted Military Coup De Tat Intelligence services and United Nations offices in Juba South Sudan confirm 600 […]
- National Intelligence Service (NIS) Tasked to Preempt Corruption’s Threat to National Security of Kenya The President of the Republic of Kenya Uhuru Kenyatta issued a statement on Monday 23rd […]
- South Sudanese Fleeing as Country Edges Closer to ‘Genocide’ UN human right commission has warned several times of what is happening […]
- Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta, Tells Kiir South Sudanese Need Peace, Not War The Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta who had visited Juba on Tuesday 30th August 2016 […]